Friday, June 18, 2004

Sneaking out of the Nest box

Yesterday one of the babies climbed out of the nest box into the cage. Today, he not only climbed out but started flying around our screened in patio. He's not been so adventurous since then, sticking to the cage or nest box. I was only one day off, and definitely within the week of when I expected them to start coming out of the nest box.

I took one of the babies to the vet today (I had the day off - finally!) and had his eyes checked. Seems he doesn used the lower eyelids and they are very droopy. We were able to see him close his eyes and use the eyelid so it may just be a growth thing. I wanted to check in with the vet because we have had problems with the eyes and sinuses in the past with the last group of babies. Seems it's not any kind of infection or virus so that's good news. I'm sure he'll grow out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home