Tuesday, June 22, 2004

and Baby makes 3

Yesterday, the third baby came out of the nest box. When I got home I found him at the top of the cage perched along with the others, pleased as punch to be there. Well, when I let them all out on top of the cage I was able to pick all three babies up with my finger right from their perch and take them to the top of the cage. That is something that I've never been able to do with all of my other birds. They'll come out on their own, and I can pick them up but I've never been able to reach inside the cage and have them perch on my finger and then take them out of the cage. Two of the three started eating shortly after getting out of the cage, and the other one still is finding his way around.

I'm trying not to ignore Paris and Lucky during this time. They are watching everything and at times you can tell they are a bit jealous at the attention. They've enjoyed the extra treats though!

While they were out yesterday, I got to see an amazing site (at least to me). Both Victoria (dad) and Pierre (mom) each fed a baby on top of the cage at the same time. It has been interesting to note that they don't give them that much food at a time. They just do that over and over again until the babies are full.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home